American Breast Care's mastectomy fitter training, The ABC's of Fitting, is available regionally throughout the year. Please check the schedule
for a class near you. You may download the registration form
and fax or mail it in with payment.
Class registration is $125.00. Please note: a surcharge of $50 will be added after registration deadline, registration deadline is two weeks prior to each class date.
Fitter's training may be made available at other times at the discretion of the regional trainer and the education coordinator. Classes may be cancelled due to the low attendance.
ABC also has continuing education classes available for experienced fitters.
This class is focused on training the fitter who has little
or no experience as a mastectomy fitter, but wants to learn.
It is the required class for fitters who are training to take the
certification exam with ABC or BOC in order to become a Certified Mastectomy Fitter. This class is open to experienced mastectomy fitters who need CEU's to maintain their current certifications, but is geared toward beginners. Topics included
in the eight hour training:
• Breast physiology and patho-physiology
• Measuring for fitting
• Product selection
• Regulatory and ethical considerations for patient management
• Building a lasting relationship with your customer
This class is focused on the continuing education for the
experienced Certified Mastectomy Fitter in order to better
work with her customer. This class is open to everyone, but
is recommended for those who are currently certified, with
practical fitting experience. Topics included in this eight
• Breast patho-physiology
• Current and future treatments being used for the
eradication of breast cancer
• Psychological and physical side effects of breast
• Quality of life issues for breast cancer survivors
• Lymphedema overview
• Case studies concentrating on difficult fitting issues
• Working with partial breast forms
• Marketing strategies for non-traditional customers