ABC is your quality-based, trusted source for Mastectomy Fitter education. ABC courses are recognized by The American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics (ABC), The National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE) and The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC). Courses are continuously updated to provide up-to-date and relevant information.
ABC offers courses in major metropolitan areas throughout the year. Please call ABC Customer Service at 1-866-830-1990 or view the schedule
of confirmed courses and registration fees. Don’t see a city close to you? Don’t worry! Courses are added quarterly.
The $125 registration fee includes all course materials, breakfast and lunch. Registration closes two weeks prior to the course date.
The ABC’s of Fitting Basic Training course meets the pre-certification pre-requisites set forth by both ABC and BOC. This course prepares uncertified attendees for the ABC and/or BOC mastectomy fitter certification exams. This course is ideal for new or inexperienced mastectomy fitters. It’s also a great refresher course for experienced fitters. Class content includes:
• Certification requirements
• Breast cancer types, stages and surgeries
• Breast physiology and pathophysiology
• Measuring for fitting
• Selecting product
• Fitting room etiquette
• Regulatory and ethical considerations for patient management
• Building a lasting relationship with your patients
After completion of this NCOPE-approved course, uncertified fitters are eligible to sit for the ABC and/or BOC mastectomy fitter certification exams. Certified Fitters are eligible to receive ABC and/or BOC continuing education credits.
The ABC's of Fitting Advanced course is an extension of the Basic course. This course is most appropriate for experienced mastectomy fitters, but new or inexperienced mastectomy fitters will benefit as well. Class content includes:
• Breast pathophysiology
• Current and future treatments used for the eradication
of breast cancer
• Psychological and physical side effects of breast cancer treatment
• Quality of life for breast cancer survivors
• Lymphedema overview
• Case studies concentrating on difficult fitting issues
• Working with partial breast forms
• Marketing strategies
Certified Fitters are eligible to receive ABC and/or BOC continuing education credits.